Learner Driver’s Licence requirements differ from state to state.
QLD: Apply online or visit nearest Department of Transport and Main Roads customer service centre, authorised Queensland Government Agency Program office or licence issuing police station. FAQ
- To apply for a learner licence person must be at least 16 years of age
- From 1 July 2010, the no alcohol limit (0.00) applies. Drink driving offences carry monetary fines and disqualification periods.
- Show suitable evidence of identity and Queensland residency documents
- Pass an eyesight test, if required
- Declare that person is medically fit to learn to drive the class of motor vehicle.
- Test knowledge for all licence classes by completing the practice road rules test
- Pass the road rules test and pay the road rules test fee
- RACQ has maps for learner drivers to ensure they gain a range of experience while learning to drive. By following the routes on these maps different skills are developed and different driving situations are experienced