Try this recipe for a tasty family meal or for a casual dinner with friends.
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp of Dijon or wholegrain mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire
4 racks of American style pork ribs
3 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. To make sauce, whisk together first four ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the 4 racks of ribs into a roasting pan and add ½ cup of water and the soy sauce. Cover pan with foil and place in the oven for 1 hour. This will both tenderise the meat and substantially reduce cooking time on the barbecue.
- Transfer to barbecue and cook with lid on. Cook one side of the ribs on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes..
- Then turn over ribs, generously brush barbecue sauce on the top (seared) side, return lid to barbecue and allow ribs to cook a further 8-10 minutes.
- Then turn over ribs once again and brush more sauce on this side. Cover for 2 minutes but keep a careful watch as ribs covered in sauce can burn easily. Again, flip ribs to allow other side with sauce to singe for 2 minutes.
- Remove from barbecue. Serve immediately, or cover with foil and keep warm for 5-10 minutes.
. Note: American style pork ribs are available at most butchers and supermarkets. Supermarkets place them on the shelves usually Tuesday and Thursday beside the pork fillets and pork chops
Cooking time may vary due to different ovens/barbecues. If the ribs are tough they are undercooked and can be placed back in the oven, covered, for 10-15 minutes. If they are overcooked, they tend to be too dry.
You might also like:
The secret to getting cricket whites WHITE. Read here.
Handling rejection when your teens thinks your too embarrassing to be with. Read here.
Homework tips. Read here
Don’t miss a thing on Whatever! Sign up for regular email updates. Just hit the FOLLOW button – no charge and no catches!
LIKE us on Facebook for regular updates.